For anyone interested in further reading about the regiment, there are a number of books available. These range from histories of certain battalions, to personal memoir and community focused books, such as those researched around a local war memorial, that mention men of the regiment.
Some of the older titles are more difficult to find but abe books is always a great place to start to find second hand copies.
Please let us know if you have any books to add to the list.
- Atkinson, Captain C.T The Queen’s Own Royal West Kent Regiment
- Ball, Matthew. Sevenoaks – The Great War and its Legacy (2018)
- Beaumont, Harry. Old Contemtiple, Hutchinson (1967)
- Cantan, Ray. Sid’s War: A Royal West Kent Soldier’s Experiences of World War One
- Cave, Nigel. Hill 60, Ypres, Pen and Sword Books Ltd
- De Winton S & Lewis S. Never Such Innocence: Sutton-at-Hone and Hawley in the Great War (2014)
- Fox J et al. Seal, the History of a Parish (2007)
- Mills P & Swarbrick J.D. Military Matters in Tonbridge
- Molony, Major C.V INVICTA with the 1st Battalion The Queen’s Own Royal West Kent Regiment in the Great War
- Stanley P. Terriers in India. British Territorials 1914-1919 (2018)
- Walker J. West Wickham and the Great War (1988)
- Wenyon H.J & Brown H.S. The Eighth Battalion The Queen’s Own Royal West Kent Regiment 1914-1919